Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Up and Running

Well, I finally took the plunge.  I am hoping that this blog will be a good way for me to keep friends and family informed of all the craziness in my life as well as help me remember all sorts of details about this short sweet life.

So I suppose I will start with a quick recap of 2012: At the beginning of March, D took a new job which moved us to Midland, Texas.  As if trying to move isn't enough, D and I fit in a quick trip to Vegas with some of our best friends.  We stayed at the Cosmopolitan and enjoyed a brief but inebriated St. Patrick's day weekend.  On Friday night, we saw the Zumanity Cirque show and I really enjoyed it.  It is pretty risqué, so beware!  St. Patty's day was on Saturday so we spent the day gambling and enjoying adult beverages.  What else is there to do in Vegas anyway?

Madison, Me and Jessee
View of the Bellagio from our room



The boys: Justin, D, Clif and Garrett

Aleisha and I molesting the cute Zumanity boy before the show!
We love the Argos!
This Michael Jackson impersonator performed at New York New York and was awesome!

There were so many people totally decked out in costume for St. Patty's day.

Aleisha, Angie, me and Jess enjoying a day of shopping at Caesar's Palace.

Love of my life.





While we were in Vegas, our house went under contract less than 24 hours of being on the market.  We are so lucky.   4 weeks late, I quit my job and became moving project manager.  Midland is the exact opposite of Tulsa.  It is dry, hot and brown.  Tulsa's flora is much prettier.  Since the move, I have been devoting my time to getting us settled in.  I'm not going to lie, unemployment is the sweet life.  I regularly work out and cook great meals at home.  That was a luxury when I was working.

At the beginning of May, my family lost a dear friend, Emily Milstead.  She was my little brother's best friend and my family had always embraced her as our own.  She was such an amazing person and I hope I can learn to be a better person from her.  She will always be remembered.



After Emily's funeral, I went on a road trip to Ohio with D's mom, Ava, to visit Mammy.  I know what some of you may be thinking: 16 hours in the car with your mother-in-law?  Yes.  I feel so fortunate to have married into such an amazing family.  I was only in Ohio for 2 days before I had to turn around to make it back to DFW for Todd and Abby Arnold's wedding, which was beautiful.

Last week my parents, brother, D and I traveled to Sayulita, Mexico to celebrate the wedding of our friends, Kris and Paige Branam.  That was a great trip and a much needed get away.  Sadly, it isn't very often that my family can coordinate schedules for an international trip together.  We haven't traveled together since my wedding 4 years ago.  Speaking of which, D and I celebrated our 4 wedding anniversary while in Mexico and 11 years of being together.  Not to shabby!  I love D more each day.  Here are some pics from my phone of our trip.

Our view of Sayulita from our house, Casa de los Defines

Pool y cerveza anyone?

My three favorite men: Pops, Hubby, Reggie

The beautiful bride to be, Paige


Old friend from college.  Good to see you Jin!

Kris and I at the Tacos y Tequila night

Kris and Paige had the awesome idea of providing party props that turned out to be so fun!

Sancho y Pancho



This 5 foot plus iguana enjoyed afternoon dips in our pool!


Mrs. Branam


Had to take a pic of the tablescape.  Perfection.




I now pronounce you husband and wife!




The reception had a cigar bar and I just loved this sign!

So there you have it.  It has been a crazy busy month with many emotional ups and downs.  I am so lucky to have such a great support network to comfort my sorrows and share my joy.  I hope you will share my journey with me.  Until next time.  XOXO

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Glad you got this set up! It was fun reading your recap and looking at your pics. You look so beautiful in your Mexico pics! Happy four year anniversary to you and D! Man how the time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I think this should be fun. I still don't what I'm doing as far as the interface goes but I'm sure I will learn. I need to learn how to create new tabs so I can add my friends' blogs to it, etc. I looked at your blog last night and went through all your wedding pics. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete